Thursday, March 24, 2011

Downpour!

We are doin' the Happy Dance around here y'all! We got AMAZING news from our agency, wacap (World Association for Children and Parents), yesterday! They graciously gave us a grant for $5,400.00 toward our adoption expenses!! Just look at that ticker would ya?!! Now, that is a sight for this little momma's sore eyes I'll tell ya!! To say that we are ELATED would be an understatement! I have to admit that the fact that our iPad fundraiser hasn't brought in the numbers that we were hoping for has been pretty discouraging. Hearing about this INCREDIBLE blessing has once again lifted our spirits and restored our energy! God is so good that way. To lift us up when the weariness threatens to start sinking in. Even when my faith is small and I take my eyes off of Him, He continues to faithfully provide. We serve an AMAZING and GRACIOUS God, who LOVES to pour out His blessings on us!

Ok, y'all only a little over $23,000.00 more to go! I know that sounds like a lot, but God is bigger than finances and He is MORE than capable to raise that amount. Remember that our iPad fundraiser is now in it's final week! C'mon folks, you could be the lucky winner of this very cool prize for a donation of only $5!! Not to mention, that you will play an integral part in changing the lives of two little boys forever! Also, we have been blessed to join an AMAZING ministry, Reece's Rainbow, that advocates, helps to match children with Down syndrome with adoptive families, and helps families adopting children with special needs to raise funds for their adoption. They have graciously set up a Family Support Page for us and if you feel led, you can visit their website, http://www.reecesrainbow.org/, and make a tax deductible donation to our adoption fund. You can find our page listed under "New Commitments" or "Compiling Dossier". We would be so very grateful. Thank you to those of you who have donated so far and a SPECIAL thanks to those of you who have helped to spread the word about our efforts! As always, we ask for your continued prayers and support.


In His Grip,





"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
~Galatians 6:9

1 comment:

  1. Nikole, I'm a bonehead and donated through your RR FSP rather than the chip-in. If you contact me at kpmomof7@yahoo.com, I can forward a copy of my paypal receipt for you. I'm sorry I messed it up!

    Your sons-to-be are beautiful & I pray that your adoption process goes smoothly & quickly.

    ReplyDelete